lunes, 4 de febrero de 2019

"SUPER BOWL FACTS"

- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Super Bowl Sunday is America's "second-largest food consumption day." (Only Thanksgiving Day beats it.)

- A persistent rumor says that sewage systems in major cities occasionally fail during Super Bowl halftimes, because a large volume of people supposedly all flush their toilets simultaneously. 
Don't worry! There's absolutely no evidence to support this claim.

- Phil Simms was paid $75,000 to shout "I'm going to Disney World” on the field moments after his Giants won Super Bowl XXI. 




Disney also paid Denver’s John Elway the same amount of money to yell the same thing—just in case his team won.

- The priciest tickets to Super Bowl I, which was played on January 15, 1967, cost $12. 
Adjusted for inflation, that's the equivalent of about $89 today. 
And even at that bargain price, the event still didn't sell out... 
If you're thinking about buying tickets for this year's event, you'd better be prepared to shell out (pay) at least $2300 per ticket (at press time). 

- The Super Bowl I halftime show consisted of two marching bands, acclaimed trumpeter Al Hirt, two men in jet packs, and 300 pigeons.

- In Las Vegas, more than $115 million is (legally) bet on the Super Bowl every year.

- During Super Bowl I in 1967, NBC was still in commercial when the second half kicked off. Officials asked the Packers to kick off again.

- On Super Bowl Media Day in 2000, a reporter asked Titans defensive tackle Joe Salave'a, "What's your relationship with the football?" He replied: "I'd say it's strictly platonic."

- Just before the second-half kickoff in the 2004 Super Bowl, a man disguised as a referee stripped down to a G-string and streaked across the field.
Patriots linebacker Matt Chatham was able to knock him to the ground, enabling security to apprehend the hooligan.


- In 2010, Super Bowl XLIV featured an unusual piece of memorabilia: The coin that was flipped right before the game had previously spent 11 days orbiting the Earth on a NASA space misión.



- As Don Shula was being carried off the field after the Dolphins' Super Bowl win in 1973, a fan reached up to shake his hand—and stole his watch.

- During the 1995-1996 season, some proxy servers blocked the Super Bowl website because it was Super Bowl XXX.

- In 1993, Michael Jackson's halftime performance had higher ratings than the game itself.



- 1.35 billion chicken wings, 10 million pounds of ribs, and over 14,500 tons of chips will be eaten on Super Bowl Sunday. 

- Pizza orders increase by 350 percent compared to a normal Sunday. 

- Over 51.7 million cases of beer are sold on Super Bowl Sunday.


- 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday 




- Of the top 10 most watched American television programs of all time, nine of them are Super Bowls

- Over 700,000 footballs are produced annually for official NFL use and 72 of them are used for the Super Bowl

- It is the 2nd most watched sporting event in the world. More than 100 million people worldwide watch the Super Bowl every year.
In fact, Super Bowl XLIV in 2010 was the most watched show in television history with over 106.5 million watchers.

- In 2017 a 30-second commercial cost between $5 million and $5.5 million.

- 1 in 10 workers in the U.S. will miss work the day after the Super Bowl.



BONUS TRACK:

Prince - Super Bowl XLI 🏈 | Halftime Show 2007

February 4, 2007, Miami Gardens, FL 

Featuring Florida A&M University Marching 100 

Setlist: 

-We Will Rock You

-Let's Go Crazy

-Baby, I'm a Star

-Proud Mary (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)

-All Along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan cover)

-Best of You (Foo Fighters cover)

-Purple Rain


31 comentarios:

  1. Every time I plan to watch something as a film, tv program or whatever I get ready a blanket (if it is cold), water and a confortable cushion. If I expect the video to be too long I may take some food as well. I usually have to deal with my siblings who always want to watch the last episode of whatever series just at that moment.

    I always try to prepeare everything with enough time and to finish all the chores and homework before so that I can feel that I actually deserve that freetime. However, I hardly ever succeed in it.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "I fix a blanket" - "comfortable" - "prepare everything in advance"

      Good luck next time!!!

      Eliminar
  2. At the moment I watched an F1 race on Sunday on TV, I always wear a T-shirt from Fernando Alonso when he was with McLaren. This T-shirt go with me everytime Alonso race. For me this T-shirt gives me the feeling that Alonso would take a great result on that race. If there wasn´t any T-shirt of Alonso I would choose a good drink to support Fernando during the race.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "Whenever I watch a F1 race" - "goes with me" - "Alonso races"

      That lucky charm hasn't worked for the past few years... has it?

      Eliminar
  3. When I'm going to watch an important match I usually go down to buy snacks and drinks at the supermarket and after, I meet my friends in a local or bar (I consume there).
    I think that the best way to spend time is enjoy it with friends and in effect, that's what I do.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "go out to buy" - "and after that," - "time is enjoying with friends and as a matter of fact, that's what I do"

      Eliminar
  4. Meritxell 1º ASCYT4 de febrero de 2019, 22:50

    When it's raining and it's cold I lie on the couch with a blanket and I surround myself with junk food while I watch a movie and see how it rains.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. When Real Valladolid plays at home or not, I always wear the team's jersey. To be prepared for the 90 min play, I always get ready a "lomou" sandwich and barbacue-flavor sunflower seeds. As a ritual; I always wave at a friend of mine before starting the play (This mean the team will win, althought it does not always work).

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "This means"

      This season, I used to greet an aquaintance of mine at the stadium before the match starts... the last one against Celta I avoided him and the team won. I hope I don't meet him next Friday!!!

      Eliminar
  6. "cushions I like the most (is better)"

    Those lemon & pepper chips from Mercadona are addictive!!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Sofía Moro Fraile 4ºE
    Everytime there's an important match like a Champions final or maybe just an interesting match like a "clásico", my sister and I place our Real Madrid T-shirts in an special way in the couch. It gave us like the first time we did it, so now we always do it!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "in a special way" - "on the couch" - it brought us luck"

      We'll see what happens tonight!!

      Eliminar
  8. Alejandro Escudero 4E

    I have a mania that when I watch television I usually have the remote control in my hand, (it will be so that nobody takes it from me.)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "habit (not mania)" - "that way nobody takes it from me"

      Eliminar
  9. Adela Noguerol Moral 4E5 de febrero de 2019, 16:48

    Wen I go to see a series that I like I take my favourite chocolate and if y go to see a movie y prepare popcorn.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "When I get ready to watch a series" - "I go / I prepare"

      Eliminar
  10. Mario Cano Pérez 1ºB5 de febrero de 2019, 19:51

    When I watch the tour of spain I ususally survive watching it without sleeping. My father suffers a little bit for staying alive, so I usually tell him when to open his eyes for seen an atack from one important cyclist.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. "get through (better than "survive") - "to stay awake (better tan "alive") - "to see an attack"

      Eliminar
  11. Hugo Cartón 4ºE
    When I go stadium to see Barcelona, I wear a t-shirt of the team and when score shout with rest of people

    ResponderEliminar
  12. "I go to the stadium" - when they score I shout with the other supporters (better tan "people")

    ResponderEliminar
  13. The day of the Eurovision song contest, many cousins and uncles come to my house, we eat a special dinner such as pizza and burritos, we put the flag on the balcony and I always try to get the best place of the sofa. We all have a nice time although Spain ends in a bad position.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Tomás from AST
    hen I go to see a movie or a series, I always prepare a big dinner before I can eat while I watch it. I prepare some packages of popcorn, a pizza, a bowl of yogurt with oatmeal and a glass of milk with cookies. And I always have to be lying down or in bed with the computer and the headphones.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. COVADONGA 1º ASCYT7 de febrero de 2019, 12:01

    Every Saturday, when I watch a movie with my husband we have a drink, but unfortunately I always fall asleep before the movie ends.Things of the age!

    ResponderEliminar
  16. When I go to see a film with my uncle, we always watch the film firts and then we have dinner at Foster´s Hollywood. We usually order a burger with fries.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. when I go to see a film, I usually eat popcorm, because it is a costume.
    BY: Mireya 1ºASYT

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Every Sunday after lunch I watch my favourite series. Before that I prepare a coffee with cereals and I usually turn up the heating to keep hot my feet.
    I really love watching TV sitting on my comfortable sofa.
    Helena 1°ASCyT

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Elena 1º ASCYT.
    When I watch an important football match with my father, we prepare popcorns and we have seeds. We drink beers.

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Every time I watch a film I have the habit of preparing a big bowl full of milk and dipping in it some chocolate cookies. I can't watch a full film without eating, I would get bored.

    ResponderEliminar
  21. Noelia 1°ASCYT
    My routine when I watch movies or series, is lying in bed, covered with a blanket, and watching the movie on the mobile.

    ResponderEliminar
  22. SILVIA M.G. 4ºE
    sometimes when i go to see a movie in my house, i cook popcorn and buy a few swets to eat, then turn off the lights and sit on the sofa with a blanket to watch the movie

    ResponderEliminar