martes, 12 de junio de 2018

WORLD CUP SONG?? - "We are the Champions" - QUEEN


       
                                                                    -Short Biography-

Queen are a British rock band formed in London in 1971 and are one of the most commercially successful musical acts of all time.

The group originally consisted of Freddie Mercury (lead vocals), Brian May (lead guitar, vocals), John Deacon (bass guitar), and Roger Taylor (drums, vocals).

Freddie Mercury is one of the most dynamic and charismatic frontmen in rock history. Through his legendary theatrical performances, Queen became one of the most popular bands in the world in the mid-'70s; in England, they remained second only to The Beatles in popularity and collectibility in the '90s.

Queen are widely recognised as pioneers of heavy metal, glam rock, and stadium rock; and they are also well known for their sports anthems and classic rock radio singles, particularly the hits “We are the champions”, “We will rock you” and “Bohemian Rhapsody”. The band promoted the latter, first released in 1975, with one of the earliest successful music videos.

The band has released a total of 18 number one albums, 18 number one singles, and 10 number one DVDs worldwide making them one of the world's best-selling music artists.




In the late 80’s, after fans noticed Mercury's increasingly gaunt appearance in 1988, rumours began to spread that Mercury was suffering from AIDS. Mercury denied these, insisting he was merely "exhausted" and too busy to provide interviews.

On November 1991, Freddie announced to the world that he had AIDS. Just the next day, his fight was over, and he died peacefully at his home surrounded by friends and family. The world was in shock. Freddie had kept his illness very private, and only those closest to him had been aware of just how close to the end he really was.

Alter that, the legend had just begun…



SONG:

Listen and fill in the gaps with the words in bold:


Queen-We are the champions


face / all / lose / crime / end / time / cruise / few / call / friend / through / time / dues / thank / champions




                                        I’ve paid my ……………, ......................... after ……………;
I’ve done my sentence, but committed no ……………
And bad mistakes, I’ve made a ……………
                              I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my ......................, 
                                                     But I’ve come ……………

We are the .............., my ……………
And we’ll keep on fighting 'til the ……………
We are the champions (x2)
             No time for losers ‘cos we are the champions of the world.

I’ve taken my bows and my curtain ……………
You’ve brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it;  
I ............ you ……………,
But it’s been no bed of roses, no pleasure …………….
             I consider it a challenge. Before the whole human race - 
And I ain't gonna …………….
                                                 (Repeat Chorus x3)





1 comentario:

  1. Liverpool are the Champions of Europe!
    I immediately played this song just after the final whistle blew for the 2-0 win over Tottenham in the Champions League Final.

    ResponderEliminar